Web analytics is the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of web data for purposes of understanding and optimizing web usage.
What we care about – as designers:
- This process provides a gateway for your organization to become invested in what your customers are doing online and why.
- The first step requires articulating what you want out of the data, expressing your goals and intent for what you want to measure.
- Knowing where you want to go can help you structure your content, analyze campaigns, segment your visitors, and measure your commerce and process tools.
- Translate all of the data into a short report people will want to read, avoiding analytics jargon and visualizing as much data as you can.
- Regularly share reports to internal stakeholders.
- Implement and act on the knowledge, focusing on small course corrections that can have a big impact.