A framework aligning task behaviors, beliefs, and emotions with product and service features.
- Can help you articulate root causes behind behaviors and develop solutions that deeply resonate with people.
- Diverse groups identified for study are called task-based audience segments, each usually comprised of at least four people.
- Diagrams are built from the bottom up, using singularly focused behaviors, beliefs, and emotions derived from interviews or diary studies.
- The top half of the diagram represents the behaviors, beliefs, and emotions people have as they set out to accomplish a task.
- The bottom half of the diagram represents the features, product, and service offering.
- The goal is to help teams make appropriate product development strategies that align with how people already approach problem solving in their daily lives.